Utilities experiment with big batteries in Phoenix to tackle one of solar's biggest problems
CLOSESkip in SkipxEmbed
The World Economic Forum estimates solar and wind are now the same price or cheaper than fossil fuels in more than 30 countries. Video provided by Newsy
A small building on the outskirts of the Festival housing developments in the far West Valley could help utilities better understand how to stabilize the power grid amid fluctuations caused by solar panels.
Arizona Public Service Co. is testing a $2 million battery system at the facility to see if it can smooth out the power hiccups caused when clouds pass over solar panels, and also to meet the energy demand... read more
- 00:43 Mnuchin expresses optimism trade standoffs can be resolved
- 00:22 Birthday boy Zack Godley picks Diamondbacks up to lead win over Padres
- 00:08 Trash talk rules the day ahead of Larry Fitzgerald Celebrity...
- 22:00 'Family' and sense of 'brotherhood' has Diamondbacks picking up...
- 21:38 Moore: What happens when Larry Fitzgerald takes on a bozo sports...
- 20:07 Intriguing Arizona high school spring football story lines
- 18:07 The senators Trump will watch as the Pompeo confirmation fight unfolds
- 18:06 RHP Matt Koch earns another start in Diamondbacks rotation
- 17:27 Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim and coach Steve Wilks forming a...
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US