Valdez to Abbott: No debate is âdisrespecting votersâ
AUSTIN — The war of words over a televised debate in the Texas governor’s race took a trurn toward ugly on Thursday.
In a terse one-page letter, longshot Democratic challenger Lupe Valdez blasted Republican Gov. Greg Abbott for the conditions he set for a face-off with her, then proposed some of her own.
“The media has applauded your willingness to debate me, claiming you are leading your colleagues by example, but we both know that the conditions you are demanding are a slap in the face to the very people we are striving to serve,” Valdez said in the letter that was distributed to... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...