Valdez, White lead Democrats in early gubernatorial primary results
AUSTIN -- Houston entrepreneur Andrew White and former Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez took an early lead Tuesday toward a possible runoff for the Democratic nomination for governor, leading a crowded field of seven other candidates who want to oust incumbent Republican Greg Abbott.
Early-voting results posted just after polls closed at 7 p.m. showed Valdez, 70, running slightly ahead of White, 45, in statewide polling.
As expected, White was running ahead of Valdez in Harris County and she was outpolling him in her home county and in South Texas that is a traditional Latino stronghold.... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...