Vanek, Canadiens topple Avalanche 6-3
MONTREAL -- Thomas Vanek had a hat trick to lift Montreal to a 6-3 win over the Colorado Avalanche in former Canadiens great Patrick Roy's first game at the Bell Centre as an NHL head coach.
Brandon Prust, who left the game late in the first period with an injury, returned to score a goal and set up one by Travis Moen for Montreal, which won its third game in a row. Vanek got his first goal in six games since he was acquired in a trade deadline deal.
Trailing by two goals, Roy pulled goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere with 2:20 left to play, but Dale Weise scored into the empty net.
Rookie... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein