Vehicle fire causes Interstate 10 WB closure between Casa Grande, Phoenix; 5-mile backup
A vehicle fire forced the closure of westbound Interstate 10 between Casa Grande and Phoenix, resulting in a reported 5-mile-long traffic backup Saturday morning.
Traffic was being diverted at milepost 175 onto State Route 587, which allowed drivers to continue into the Phoenix area. Motorists were allowed to return to I-10 at Riggs Road, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The interstate was reopened about 10:45 a.m., and backups reportedly reached up to 8 miles, according to ADOT. Eastbound traffic was not affected.
- 19:25 GCU baseball drops season opener to TCU
- 18:42 Arizona high school football: Spencer Rattler, Jack Miller No. 1...
- 18:39 Biden, in public and private, tiptoes toward a 2020 run
- 18:39 Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'
- 18:39 Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting
- 18:39 FBI pressure increases with failure to avert school shooting
- 18:39 How to disrupt an election: Fake IDs, fraud and Facebook
- 18:39 Mueller charges Russians with meddling in 2016 race
- 17:47 Overwatch Championship: Four teams compete for scholarships at ASU...
- 17:30 Step by step: How the Parkland school shooting unfolded