Vehicle fire causes Interstate 10 WB closure between Casa Grande, Phoenix; 5-mile backup
A vehicle fire forced the closure of westbound Interstate 10 between Casa Grande and Phoenix, resulting in a reported 5-mile-long traffic backup Saturday morning.
Traffic was being diverted at milepost 175 onto State Route 587, which allowed drivers to continue into the Phoenix area. Motorists were allowed to return to I-10 at Riggs Road, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The interstate was reopened about 10:45 a.m., and backups reportedly reached up to 8 miles, according to ADOT. Eastbound traffic was not affected.
- 10:50 NFL power rankings: Getting in the Christmas spirit entering Week 15
- 10:35 Tom Brady: 'I've pretty much moved past' ugly loss to Dolphins
- 10:34 A Georgia mother battles opioids to win back her kids
- 10:34 Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pried from homes
- 10:31 Herm Edwards' contract: 5 things to know about ASU head football...
- 10:24 4 of Arizona's tax credits could help you save thousands of dollars
- 10:24 Gilbert charter school fires teacher accused of sexual misconduct...
- 10:02 Former Arizona high school basketball players on college basketball...
- 09:57 Tom Brady: Patriots focused on putting ugly loss behind them fast
- 09:14 CEO Mary Barra: GM committed to 'harassment-free' workplace