Vehicle fire causes Interstate 10 WB closure between Casa Grande, Phoenix; 5-mile backup
A vehicle fire forced the closure of westbound Interstate 10 between Casa Grande and Phoenix, resulting in a reported 5-mile-long traffic backup Saturday morning.
Traffic was being diverted at milepost 175 onto State Route 587, which allowed drivers to continue into the Phoenix area. Motorists were allowed to return to I-10 at Riggs Road, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The interstate was reopened about 10:45 a.m., and backups reportedly reached up to 8 miles, according to ADOT. Eastbound traffic was not affected.
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot
- 04:45 Family separation policy starts dividing Republicans
- 03:27 First lady Melania Trump "hates" to see families separated
- 02:59 Prosecutor: 1 suspect dead and 20 people injured, four of them...
- 02:28 French media: Woman crying "God is great" has injured 2 with box...
- 02:15 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 02:15 Giuliani says Trump may consider pardons after Russia probe
- 01:30 In DC primary, minimum wage is the main topic of discussion
- 22:14 Melania Trump 'hates' to see families separated at border