Vehicle fire causes Interstate 10 WB closure between Casa Grande, Phoenix; 5-mile backup
A vehicle fire forced the closure of westbound Interstate 10 between Casa Grande and Phoenix, resulting in a reported 5-mile-long traffic backup Saturday morning.
Traffic was being diverted at milepost 175 onto State Route 587, which allowed drivers to continue into the Phoenix area. Motorists were allowed to return to I-10 at Riggs Road, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The interstate was reopened about 10:45 a.m., and backups reportedly reached up to 8 miles, according to ADOT. Eastbound traffic was not affected.
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator