Venezuela frees opposition activist with US citizenship
CARACAS, Venezuela – Venezuela has freed an opposition activist with dual U.S. citizenship after keeping him jailed for four months.
Francisco Marquez was freed on Tuesday and immediately left the country under the terms of his release. He was arrested in June while traveling to assist in a nationwide presidential recall campaign. Prosecutors said Marquez had nearly $3,000 in local currency and was trying to foment violence.
He was arrested with a fellow activist from the Popular Will opposition party. The other activist was released in September and went into exile in Spain.
Members of... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates