Venezuela frees opposition activist with US citizenship
CARACAS, Venezuela – Venezuela has freed an opposition activist with dual U.S. citizenship after keeping him jailed for four months.
Francisco Marquez was freed on Tuesday and immediately left the country under the terms of his release. He was arrested in June while traveling to assist in a nationwide presidential recall campaign. Prosecutors said Marquez had nearly $3,000 in local currency and was trying to foment violence.
He was arrested with a fellow activist from the Popular Will opposition party. The other activist was released in September and went into exile in Spain.
Members of... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...