Venezuela officials: 12 dead in overnight violence
CARACAS, Venezuela – Authorities in Venezuela say 12 people were killed overnight following looting and violence in the South American nation's capital amid a spiraling political crisis.
The Public Ministry confirmed the deaths Friday and said another six were hurt.
Most of the deaths took place in El Valle, where opposition leaders say 13 people were hit with an electrical current while trying to loot a bakery protected by an electric fence.
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance
- 20:49 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila is off to a rough start at the plate
- 20:24 Arizona Cardinals limiting Sam Bradford now in hopes of a healthier...
- 18:32 ASU football podcast: Reviewing the first spring under coach Herm...
- 18:28 No. 8 ASU softball hosts No. 13 Arizona looking to solidify NCAA...
- 18:20 2004 fraud case causes sparks in GOP party leader's race
- 17:50 Texasâ ârevenge pornâ law struck down by state appeals court
- 17:42 Rudy Giuliani to join Trump legal team in Russia probe
- 16:25 Arizona high school basketball, volleyball player Brandon Kwan, who...