Venezuela pushes back opposition-favored regional elections
CARACAS, Venezuela – Venezuela has postponed until next year gubernatorial elections the opposition is heavily favored to win.
The government-stacked electoral council on Tuesday said that elections in 23 states that were slated to take place before year's end will now be held at an unspecified date near the middle of 2017.
The move was immediately denounced by the opposition as unconstitutional. Authorities didn't provide an explanation for the new date but presented it as part of a broader schedule for elections next year.
The opposition won control of the legislature last year in a... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law