Venus Williams prevails over Serena in what could be one of last matches between Williams sisters
CLOSE Desert Sun sports columnist Shad Powers and tennis writer Andrew John tell know what's new to the Indian Wells Tennis Garden for the up coming BNP Paribas Open.
Monday night was supposed to be all about Serena Williams. At least that was the convenient narrative.
The 23-time Grand Slam champion who won her last major while pregnant would take another step toward her returning to dominance, the narrative went, against her older sister who at 37 had struggled early in the 2018 season.
But the evening belonged unequivocally to Venus Williams, not Serena, in a 6-3, 6-4 win in... read more
- 18:50 Trump replacing McMaster with Bolton
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer