Veteran lefty Aaron Laffey expected to fill Shaun Marcum's spot in rotation
Shaun Marcum is coming to New York, but it’s not to pitch for the Mets this weekend.
The veteran righty, who opened the season on the disabled list after battling shoulder and neck woes late in spring training, will be examined Thursday by team doctors. Veteran lefty Aaron Laffey is expected to be added to the 40-man roster to take Marcum’s turn in the rotation Sunday against Miami.
RELATED: SEASON DEBUT-IFUL: METS HARVEY ACES PADRES
“Obviously, we have to wait for the doctors to tell us, but (Marcum) has some real discomfort running from his shoulder up through his neck,” Terry Collins... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat