Veteran lefty Aaron Laffey expected to fill Shaun Marcum's spot in rotation
Shaun Marcum is coming to New York, but it’s not to pitch for the Mets this weekend.
The veteran righty, who opened the season on the disabled list after battling shoulder and neck woes late in spring training, will be examined Thursday by team doctors. Veteran lefty Aaron Laffey is expected to be added to the 40-man roster to take Marcum’s turn in the rotation Sunday against Miami.
RELATED: SEASON DEBUT-IFUL: METS HARVEY ACES PADRES
“Obviously, we have to wait for the doctors to tell us, but (Marcum) has some real discomfort running from his shoulder up through his neck,” Terry Collins... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco