Video claims north Alabama bus driver was speeding 70 mph on a curvy country road
A Facebook video that allegedly shows a bus driver traveling 70 mph on a curvy country road in Franklin County has prompted an investigation by the school system.
The video, which was taken just after 3 p.m. Friday by Kelly Bragwell, has been viewed thousands of times. In the video, Bragwell says the speed limit on the road is 45 mph. But, he told AL.com he later learned the speed limit is 35 mph on that particular stretch of road.
"We are aware of the video that was posted on Facebook and we are investigating it at this time," said Franklin County Superintendent Greg Hamilton.... read more
- 15:42 Energy Secretary Rick Perry's father dies at 92
- 15:41 Fears of losing pre-existing conditions protection under GOP
- 15:41 Florida eye doctor guilty on all counts of Medicare fraud
- 15:28 Bordow: Firing of Desert Vista baseball coach Stan Luketich makes...
- 15:10 Trump at NRA convention: 'Eight-year assault' on gun rights is over
- 15:04 Stream of quakes rattles Chilean coast
- 14:38 Trump's tweets cooling — and the impact is fading a bit
- 14:36 Trump's 100-day cram session
- 14:25 North Korea's army: 1.2M men, obsolete equipment and nukes
- 13:56 A look at Macedonia's deepening political turmoil