Vincent Zhou skates to music arrangement by Arizonan at Winter Olympics
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - Until the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in January, Arizonan Rob Gardner was oblivious to the fact that Vincent Zhou was skating to his music.
Next thing he knew, 17-year-old Zhou was skating his short program at the Winter Olympics to Gardner's arrangement of “Chasing Cars,” a 2006 hit for the alternative rock band Snow Patrol.
“It was almost more exciting that we didn't know it was happening,” said Gardner, who grew up in Mesa, went to Westwood High School and lives in Gilbert. “None of thought, this is great music for figure skating. But there is dramatic... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler