Vincent Zhou skates to music arrangement by Arizonan at Winter Olympics
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - Until the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in January, Arizonan Rob Gardner was oblivious to the fact that Vincent Zhou was skating to his music.
Next thing he knew, 17-year-old Zhou was skating his short program at the Winter Olympics to Gardner's arrangement of “Chasing Cars,” a 2006 hit for the alternative rock band Snow Patrol.
“It was almost more exciting that we didn't know it was happening,” said Gardner, who grew up in Mesa, went to Westwood High School and lives in Gilbert. “None of thought, this is great music for figure skating. But there is dramatic... read more
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices