Voices: Dying cancer warrior was best teacher
LOUISVILLE — I left her story unfinished.
The morning Jill Brzezinski-Conley died, I was writing about her experiences with hospice care — one of dozens of stories chronicling her journey with incurable breast cancer that I’ve written for USA TODAY and The Courier-Journal over 2½ years.
I got as far as the first two sentences.
Cancer cut short her life story. But Jill, more than anyone I’ve ever known, made the best of her 38 years, inspiring others despite pain, exhaustion and frailty. She defeated cancer, even in death, because she never let it define her or her extinguish her light. And... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'