Volkswagen reveals 2019 VW Arteon mid-size car to replace CC
Volkswagen on Thursday debuted a new mid-size car for the U.S. market to replace the outgoing CC sedan in a bid to increase overall brand sales.
The German automaker faces an uphill climb with the new model. The 2019 VW Arteon enters the market at an inauspicious time for passenger cars, which are struggling mightily as Americans snap up crossovers, sport-utility vehicles and pickup trucks.
But Volkswagen believes the vehicle's coupe-like design, safety features and peppy powertrain will appeal to consumers who aren't ready to give up on cars.
Already on sale in Europe, the vehicle was set... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...