Vols vow to bounce back after demoralizing loss to Gators
GAINESVILLE - Tennessee pulled out all the stops as it tried to beat Florida Saturday afternoon.
Despite a first half full of razzle-dazzle plays, the day ended with an all-too familiar fizzle. The Volunteers (2-2, 0-1 SEC) missed a last-second 55-yard field goal, giving the Gators (4-0, 1-0) an improbable 28-27 win in the Swamp.
Much like its first three contests this season, Tennessee jumped out to a 17-7 halftime lead and the Vols appeared well on their way to their first win in this rivalry series in 11 years. Instead, Florida rallied to score 21 second-half points and snatch away... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing