Vols vow to bounce back after demoralizing loss to Gators
GAINESVILLE - Tennessee pulled out all the stops as it tried to beat Florida Saturday afternoon.
Despite a first half full of razzle-dazzle plays, the day ended with an all-too familiar fizzle. The Volunteers (2-2, 0-1 SEC) missed a last-second 55-yard field goal, giving the Gators (4-0, 1-0) an improbable 28-27 win in the Swamp.
Much like its first three contests this season, Tennessee jumped out to a 17-7 halftime lead and the Vols appeared well on their way to their first win in this rivalry series in 11 years. Instead, Florida rallied to score 21 second-half points and snatch away... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt