Wake schools superintendent wants $39 million for teacher salaries
CARY Wake County schools Superintendent Jim Merrill is asking county leaders for a $39 million increase in funding, much of it to increase employee pay 3.5 percent across the board.
The pay request, he said Tuesday, would support a goal to raise teacher pay to the national average.
Merrill told the school board he wants the Wake County Board of Commissioners to provide $365.7 million for the 2014-15 fiscal year - an increase of more than 10 percent from the $326.6 million that the school system now receives.
It’s time, Merrill said, to provide funding to make up for years in which... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike