Wake schools superintendent wants $39 million for teacher salaries
CARY Wake County schools Superintendent Jim Merrill is asking county leaders for a $39 million increase in funding, much of it to increase employee pay 3.5 percent across the board.
The pay request, he said Tuesday, would support a goal to raise teacher pay to the national average.
Merrill told the school board he wants the Wake County Board of Commissioners to provide $365.7 million for the 2014-15 fiscal year - an increase of more than 10 percent from the $326.6 million that the school system now receives.
It’s time, Merrill said, to provide funding to make up for years in which... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia