Walgreen clinics to treat chronic illnesses
Walgreen is expanding the reach of its drugstore clinics beyond treating ankle sprains and sinus infections to handling chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
The Deerfield, Ill., company says most of its 370 in-store clinics now will diagnose, treat and monitor patients with chronic conditions that typically are handled by doctors.
Drugstore clinics are typically run by nurse practitioners or physician assistants. They have been growing rapidly in recent years, both in locations and services offered. CVS Caremark Corp., Walgreen Co.'s competitor, also handles chronic... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...