Walgreen clinics to treat chronic illnesses
Walgreen is expanding the reach of its drugstore clinics beyond treating ankle sprains and sinus infections to handling chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
The Deerfield, Ill., company says most of its 370 in-store clinics now will diagnose, treat and monitor patients with chronic conditions that typically are handled by doctors.
Drugstore clinics are typically run by nurse practitioners or physician assistants. They have been growing rapidly in recent years, both in locations and services offered. CVS Caremark Corp., Walgreen Co.'s competitor, also handles chronic... read more
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...