Want a say in how Texas will fix special education?
AUSTIN — Parents, students and education advocates have until midnight Sunday to provide feedback on a draft plan to overhaul Texas' special education services.
In January, the Texas Education Agency published a 13-page corrective action plan after the U.S. Department of Education found TEA illegally led school districts across the state to delay or deny special education services to students because of an arbitrary enrollment cap.
The state plans to hire more special education staff, increase training and provide special education services to students who were previously denied services.... read more
- 15:36 US panel says it's OK to use nasal spray flu vaccine again
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today