Warehouse owner admits exposing workers to asbestos
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — A New York man owner has admitted that he knowingly subjected untrained workers — including a 16-year-old boy — to asbestos at a Rochester warehouse, court records show.
Anastasios “Taso” Kolokouris, 32, pleaded guilty Tuesday to violating federal asbestos work standards.
"Simply to save money, this defendant knowingly exposed untrained, temporary workers to asbestos — a highly dangerous substance long known to cause cancer," U.S. Attorney William Hochul Jr. said in a statement.
Under federal sentencing guidelines, which are advisory, Kolokouris faces between 15... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold