Waste Management Phoenix Open: Saturday crowd expected to break single-day attendance record
It's known as The People's Open for good reason. Saturday's crowd at the Waste Management Phoenix Open is expected to break the tournament's single-day attendance record.
The previous record for single-day attendance at the Open was 204,906 fans on Saturday last year, and tournament officials are expecting crowds to reach more than 200,000 once again. If so, it will be the largest crowd to ever watch a golf event.
The crowds surged early Saturday, with the most dedicated fans sprinting to the 16th hole grandstands at 7 a.m., three hours before players would even tee off.
The 37,000 general... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...