Waste Management Phoenix Open: Saturday crowd expected to break single-day attendance record
It's known as The People's Open for good reason. Saturday's crowd at the Waste Management Phoenix Open is expected to break the tournament's single-day attendance record.
The previous record for single-day attendance at the Open was 204,906 fans on Saturday last year, and tournament officials are expecting crowds to reach more than 200,000 once again. If so, it will be the largest crowd to ever watch a golf event.
The crowds surged early Saturday, with the most dedicated fans sprinting to the 16th hole grandstands at 7 a.m., three hours before players would even tee off.
The 37,000 general... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...