Waymo to buy 'thousands' of minivans for self-driving vehicle service
CLOSE See how self-driving cars prepare for the real world inside a private testing facility owned by Google's autonomous car company, Waymo.
DETROIT -- Waymo, founded as the self-driving car arm of Google, will buy "thousands" of additional Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivans for its planned autonomous ride-hailing service, Fiat Chrysler said Tuesday.
The announcement appears to represent a massive boost in the scope of the development of self-driving cars.
But it comes in conjunction with Waymo's plans to launch the service in Phoenix this year.
Waymo had already ordered 600... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...