Waymo to buy 'thousands' of minivans for self-driving vehicle service
CLOSE See how self-driving cars prepare for the real world inside a private testing facility owned by Google's autonomous car company, Waymo.
DETROIT -- Waymo, founded as the self-driving car arm of Google, will buy "thousands" of additional Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivans for its planned autonomous ride-hailing service, Fiat Chrysler said Tuesday.
The announcement appears to represent a massive boost in the scope of the development of self-driving cars.
But it comes in conjunction with Waymo's plans to launch the service in Phoenix this year.
Waymo had already ordered 600... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House