Weaver mayor’s park plans still on hold
slideshow WEAVER – Rebuilding Elwell Park can’t happen soon enough for Weaver mayor Wayne Willis.
In 2012, he campaigned on bringing improvements to the city’s main park, but now in his second year in office, the project has no start date.
“We’re really ready to go pretty soon, but a lot will depend on grant money,” Willis said Monday.
Earlier this year the city signed a loan for $800,000, and $125,000 of it is earmarked for park improvement. Willis said he hopes to secure matching grants to blossom that fund closer to $500,000.
In the meantime, facilities at the 40-year-old park aren’t... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents