Wednesday's high schools roundup: DeLaSalle's bats fuel twin sweep
Warren DeLaSalle opened its baseball season with a pair of wins, sweeping Pontiac Notre Dame Prep in a Catholic League crossover doubleheader, 8-4 and 13-10, at DeLaSalle Wednesday.In the first game, Hosea Nelson had two doubles and two RBIs and Dominic DiPuma went 3-for-4 with three RBIs for DeLaSalle (2-0).
Sam Badalamenti (4-for-4, three doubles) and Alex Fultz (3-for-4) drove in three runs each to ignite DeLaSalle's offense in the second game.
"It's good to get into our winning ways early on," DeLaSalle coach Matt Cook said. "We struggled at the beginning last year, but... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...