Weekend picks for book lovers, including the new Oprah selection
What should you read this weekend? USA TODAY’s picks for book lovers include An American Marriage by Tayari Jones, which has Oprah Winfrey's stamp of approval.
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones; Algonquin, 306 pp.; fiction
Celestial and Roy are still newlyweds when a visit to Roy’s hometown in small-town Louisiana ends with Roy wrongly accused of rape.
An American Marriage — the new selection of Oprah's Book Club — exposes the intimate toll of an American shame: the unjust imprisonment of black men. Marriage uncovers the truths that are revealed in the nearly invisible cracks that emerge... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case