West's defense triggers 37-0 win over South, and a playoff berth
After West High clinched a spot in the state football playoffs Saturday night by holding visiting South to less than three yards per play and hanging a 37-0 shutout on the Wolverines, linebacker Gordon Tui furnished a simple explanation for his team’s defensive excellence.
The No. 3-ranked Eagles face their explosive offense in practice all week.
>“And they’re pretty good,’’ said Tui, who delivered an interception and several tackles for losses.
Tui’s teammate Shanai Leon is also something of an authority on the subject – he’s pretty good on both sides of the ball. At cornerback, Leon... read more
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...