What exactly does the Texas General Land Office do?
AUSTIN — The battle to run Texas' General Land Office is generating a lot of political sparks for such an obscure job.
The position's duties may be little known, but it involves handling billions of dollars in cash and land management.
In the March 6 primary, six candidates — four Republicans and two Democrats — are competing for a spot on the November ballot. That makes it the office with the second highest number primary candidates. Only the Governor's race has more candidates with 12 primary contenders.
Incumbent George P. Bush, 41, who took office in 2014, is facing off against his... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House