What exactly does the Texas General Land Office do?
AUSTIN — The battle to run Texas' General Land Office is generating a lot of political sparks for such an obscure job.
The position's duties may be little known, but it involves handling billions of dollars in cash and land management.
In the March 6 primary, six candidates — four Republicans and two Democrats — are competing for a spot on the November ballot. That makes it the office with the second highest number primary candidates. Only the Governor's race has more candidates with 12 primary contenders.
Incumbent George P. Bush, 41, who took office in 2014, is facing off against his... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...