What exactly does the Texas General Land Office do?
AUSTIN — The battle to run Texas' General Land Office is generating a lot of political sparks for such an obscure job.
The position's duties may be little known, but it involves handling billions of dollars in cash and land management.
In the March 6 primary, six candidates — four Republicans and two Democrats — are competing for a spot on the November ballot. That makes it the office with the second highest number primary candidates. Only the Governor's race has more candidates with 12 primary contenders.
Incumbent George P. Bush, 41, who took office in 2014, is facing off against his... read more
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...