What FAA records, flight data tells us about the fatal Grand Canyon crash
CLOSE A crashed helicopter burns in a remote section of the Grand Canyon on Feb. 10, 2018. Video courtesy of Teddy Fujimoto
Historical flight record data sheds light on the moments leading up to a fatal helicopter crash at the Grand Canyon that took the lives of three British tourists and injured four others.
It's still not clear what caused the tour helicopter operated by Papillon Airways to crash about 5:30 p.m. Saturday. It went down went down near Quartermaster Canyon on the west side of the Grand Canyon on the Hualapai Reservation.
Passengers Becky Dobson, 27; Stuart Hill, 30; and... read more
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...