What FAA records, flight data tells us about the fatal Grand Canyon crash
CLOSE A crashed helicopter burns in a remote section of the Grand Canyon on Feb. 10, 2018. Video courtesy of Teddy Fujimoto
Historical flight record data sheds light on the moments leading up to a fatal helicopter crash at the Grand Canyon that took the lives of three British tourists and injured four others.
It's still not clear what caused the tour helicopter operated by Papillon Airways to crash about 5:30 p.m. Saturday. It went down went down near Quartermaster Canyon on the west side of the Grand Canyon on the Hualapai Reservation.
Passengers Becky Dobson, 27; Stuart Hill, 30; and... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...