What happens if high school football players sign with area junior colleges?
Area junior college football coaches were putting the finishing touches on their recruiting classes Monday when they received a notice that the Maricopa County Community College District is eliminating football after the 2018 season.
"Everybody just got blindsided," said Kelly Epley, associate head football coach at Glendale Community College.
Signing Day is not just for the athletes signing with four-year colleges. Junior colleges also anticipate signing players on Wednesday.
Now they're having to go back to each of their recruits.
Options for players- If the player is already an... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border