What happens if high school football players sign with area junior colleges?
Area junior college football coaches were putting the finishing touches on their recruiting classes Monday when they received a notice that the Maricopa County Community College District is eliminating football after the 2018 season.
"Everybody just got blindsided," said Kelly Epley, associate head football coach at Glendale Community College.
Signing Day is not just for the athletes signing with four-year colleges. Junior colleges also anticipate signing players on Wednesday.
Now they're having to go back to each of their recruits.
Options for players- If the player is already an... read more
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest