What's in a name? Amid violence, Marist sheds 'Shooter' mascot moniker
CLOSE The Marist College athletic department changed the name of its mascot from 'Shooter' to 'Frankie' because of ongoing gun violence in the country and the stigma attached to the term 'shooter.'
If you've been to a basketball or football game at Marist College over the past four decades, you've seen him.
He's the one in the faux fur, wearing over-sized sneakers and a big smile, handing out high-fives to fans and dancing through timeouts.
He's the Red Fox everyone knows, though you may not know his name, anymore.
Amid a growing epidemic of gun violence and mass shootings across... read more
- 12:52 Julian Castro cancels trip to presidential caucus state to protest...
- 12:38 Billboard tells liberals to keep driving until they've left Texas
- 10:52 Houston makes short list for the 2020 Democratic National Convention
- 07:59 Bolton: NK has 'dramatic choice,' talks will move quickly
- 01:32 Trump stands firm on immigration policy, sees it as a winner
- 00:30 Trump takes swipe at South Carolina's Sanford in GOP meeting
- 00:30 Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'
- 20:23 What life inside migrant internment camps looks like
- 20:17 Congressman responds after public demands answers on migrant...