What's in a name? Amid violence, Marist sheds 'Shooter' mascot moniker
CLOSE The Marist College athletic department changed the name of its mascot from 'Shooter' to 'Frankie' because of ongoing gun violence in the country and the stigma attached to the term 'shooter.'
If you've been to a basketball or football game at Marist College over the past four decades, you've seen him.
He's the one in the faux fur, wearing over-sized sneakers and a big smile, handing out high-fives to fans and dancing through timeouts.
He's the Red Fox everyone knows, though you may not know his name, anymore.
Amid a growing epidemic of gun violence and mass shootings across... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...