What top Texas politicians splurge on to prepare for their campaigns
AUSTIN — A six-foot cutout. Thousands of pounds worth of paper weights. And a Chevy Tahoe.
These are just a few of the uncommon items elected state officials have spent their campaign money on as they prepped for this month’s primary election.
Texas elected officials can use the money donors give them on any number of items related to their political campaigns or their office holder duties, according to the Texas Ethics Commission, however those expenses are banned for personal use.
Fresh-faced candidates running for office have also made intriguing expenditures, including nearly $1,900 for... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler