What top Texas politicians splurge on to prepare for their campaigns
AUSTIN — A six-foot cutout. Thousands of pounds worth of paper weights. And a Chevy Tahoe.
These are just a few of the uncommon items elected state officials have spent their campaign money on as they prepped for this month’s primary election.
Texas elected officials can use the money donors give them on any number of items related to their political campaigns or their office holder duties, according to the Texas Ethics Commission, however those expenses are banned for personal use.
Fresh-faced candidates running for office have also made intriguing expenditures, including nearly $1,900 for... read more
- 10:55 Houston reaches $40M settlement with pension actuarial firm
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...