When should I take my RMD for 2016 if I'd like to invest it?
Q: I just figured my required minimum distribution (RMD) for the 2015 tax year which is based on the Dec. 31, 2014, valuation of my IRA. How would one determine when to take the RMD for the 2016 tax season? Would it be wise to take it early in January of 2016 to use in a separate aggressive investment account? I am 73 years old and don't need the money for my daily living expenses. Is there a rule of thumb I should follow? Ken Hester, Phoenix
A: No rule of thumb, but there is a strategy that might work given your appetite for risk and the fact that you don’t mind investing more... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...