Which sports run the most? Stats from football, basketball, soccer and tennis show who burns the most shoe leather
Whether they're pounding pavement, squeaking down a court or sprinting across the turf, you'd expect most professional athletes to do quite a bit of running over the course of a day's work. But that's not always the case.
Gizmodo looked at data from STATS — a company that uses a motion-tracking technology called SportVu to collect detailed statistics on players from a number of sports — to see which athletes really run the most. Here's what they found.
Rich Schultz/Getty Images Receivers like Victor Cruz cover the most ground in football, but it's still just over a mile. read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco