Which sports run the most? Stats from football, basketball, soccer and tennis show who burns the most shoe leather
Whether they're pounding pavement, squeaking down a court or sprinting across the turf, you'd expect most professional athletes to do quite a bit of running over the course of a day's work. But that's not always the case.
Gizmodo looked at data from STATS — a company that uses a motion-tracking technology called SportVu to collect detailed statistics on players from a number of sports — to see which athletes really run the most. Here's what they found.
Rich Schultz/Getty Images Receivers like Victor Cruz cover the most ground in football, but it's still just over a mile. read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold