White defends $1M loan to his campaign, says cash is there
AUSTIN -- A day after he reported raising a surprise $1.1 million for his underdog gubernatorial campaign. including a $1 million loan from himself, Democrat Andrew White on Monday was scrambling to explain where that cash is.
On his latest campaign-finance report filed posted on the Texas Ethics Commission's website, White reported raising $138,632 in contributions between Jan. 1 and Jan. 25, and having $168,500 in cash in his campaign accounts.
The $1 million was listed only as a loan, not as available cash -- leading White's detractors to immediately question whether the $1 million loan... read more
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...