White defends $1M loan to his campaign, says cash is there
AUSTIN -- A day after he reported raising a surprise $1.1 million for his underdog gubernatorial campaign. including a $1 million loan from himself, Democrat Andrew White on Monday was scrambling to explain where that cash is.
On his latest campaign-finance report filed posted on the Texas Ethics Commission's website, White reported raising $138,632 in contributions between Jan. 1 and Jan. 25, and having $168,500 in cash in his campaign accounts.
The $1 million was listed only as a loan, not as available cash -- leading White's detractors to immediately question whether the $1 million loan... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...