White House guarantees new sanctions after Vladimir Putin defied President Obama
WASHINGTON — The White House Tuesday guaranteed that new sanctions are imminent after Russian President Vladimir Putin defied President Obama and gobbled up Crimea.
“More is coming,” White House spokesman Jay Carney vowed after Putin and Crimean leaders signed a treaty to make the peninsula a full-fledged part of Russia.
In Crimea, a Ukrainian serviceman was killed in an attack on a military outpost — the first death of a soldier in the region since Russian forces seized control three weeks ago.
There were conflicting accounts of the violence.
RELATED: PUTIN APPROVES DRAFT BILL FOR... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings