White House guarantees new sanctions after Vladimir Putin defied President Obama
WASHINGTON — The White House Tuesday guaranteed that new sanctions are imminent after Russian President Vladimir Putin defied President Obama and gobbled up Crimea.
“More is coming,” White House spokesman Jay Carney vowed after Putin and Crimean leaders signed a treaty to make the peninsula a full-fledged part of Russia.
In Crimea, a Ukrainian serviceman was killed in an attack on a military outpost — the first death of a soldier in the region since Russian forces seized control three weeks ago.
There were conflicting accounts of the violence.
RELATED: PUTIN APPROVES DRAFT BILL FOR... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein