White House outlines prison reform goals
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House outlined its goals for prison reform Tuesday, stressing a focus on re-entry into society and rehabilitation.
Senior White House officials said they are sending their principles to lawmakers for them to draw up legislation. They are seeking to improve re-entry programs and work training. They want to review existing public and private efforts and focus on approaches that have been proven to work in the past.
Officials sought anonymity to discuss administration plans. They said they were not including sentencing reforms because they did not see a path forward... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...