White House says Trump takes domestic violence seriously
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House is defending President Donald Trump's failure to acknowledge the women who accused former staff secretary Rob Porter of domestic violence.
White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders tells reporters that Trump and the entire administration take domestic violence very seriously. And she says the president believes that all allegations need to be investigated thoroughly.
Sanders says she spoke directly with the president and he had "relayed that message directly to me."
Trump complained on Twitter over the weekend that, "Peoples lives are... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case