White House says Trump takes domestic violence seriously
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House is defending President Donald Trump's failure to acknowledge the women who accused former staff secretary Rob Porter of domestic violence.
White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders tells reporters that Trump and the entire administration take domestic violence very seriously. And she says the president believes that all allegations need to be investigated thoroughly.
Sanders says she spoke directly with the president and he had "relayed that message directly to me."
Trump complained on Twitter over the weekend that, "Peoples lives are... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health