White House taps economic aide for legislative post
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House has announced that economic aide Shahira Knight will become President Donald Trump's new director of legislative affairs. She replaces Marc Short, who is leaving the White House.
Knight was instrumental in formulating and winning passage of the GOP's tax reform law last year. She was the deputy to former National Economic Council director Gary Cohn, who left the White House early this year.
Short worked for Vice President Mike Pence and a group affiliated with the conservative Koch Brothers' political operation, before entering the White House.
Trending... read more
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...
- 12:41 Body of Secret Service agent returning to US from Europe
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'