White House threatens firings after McCain remark gets out
Now Playing: Members of Congress got a sneak peak at a film about Arizona, Sen. John McCain. The documentary, "John McCain: For Whom the Bell Tolls" will premier on HBC Memorial Day. (May 18)
Media: Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — A West Wing aide's morbid remark about gravely ill Sen. John McCain has not yielded widespread White House soul-searching. Instead, it has led to a push to fire those responsible for leaking that story and others that have bedeviled President Donald Trump's administration.
Nearly a week after Kelly Sadler dismissed McCain's opinion on Trump's CIA... read more
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care