Who's got the best 'cue in the Charlotte area?
The champion of the Observer Tournament of Food: Barbecue Edition?
Kyle Fletcher’s, in Lowell.
In a judging panel’s blitz of all four places in three hours, it smoked the competition.
We knew when we chose this year’s tournament food that barbecue would enflame passions. We knew fans of advancing teams would lord it over those whose favorites fell behind.
We knew readers whose brackets turned sour might curse our names and those of other voters. (“Who are the idiots that are voting?” emailed Kent. “I’m sorry nobody can make... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents