Who's got the best 'cue in the Charlotte area?
The champion of the Observer Tournament of Food: Barbecue Edition?
Kyle Fletcher’s, in Lowell.
In a judging panel’s blitz of all four places in three hours, it smoked the competition.
We knew when we chose this year’s tournament food that barbecue would enflame passions. We knew fans of advancing teams would lord it over those whose favorites fell behind.
We knew readers whose brackets turned sour might curse our names and those of other voters. (“Who are the idiots that are voting?” emailed Kent. “I’m sorry nobody can make... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft