Why an 0-3 start might not mean an end to an NFL team's playoff dream
We presented the following question to the USA TODAY NFL staff: Whoever stands at 0-3 at the end of the day will not go to the playoffs. True or false? Their responses:
Depends on the team. I have more confidence in a team like the Ravens rallying and making the playoffs, given who they have and the division they're in, than teams like the Bears and Lions.
I still think the Colts could survive an 0-3 start. They’ve clearly got flaws but also have talent and an elite quarterback. But mostly, they play in an imminently winnable division. If they lose to the Titans... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold