Why an 0-3 start might not mean an end to an NFL team's playoff dream
We presented the following question to the USA TODAY NFL staff: Whoever stands at 0-3 at the end of the day will not go to the playoffs. True or false? Their responses:
Depends on the team. I have more confidence in a team like the Ravens rallying and making the playoffs, given who they have and the division they're in, than teams like the Bears and Lions.
I still think the Colts could survive an 0-3 start. They’ve clearly got flaws but also have talent and an elite quarterback. But mostly, they play in an imminently winnable division. If they lose to the Titans... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco