Why are there so many dead fish in Tempe Town Lake?
CLOSE Arizona has seen it all: record snow and rain, floods and drought, and the searing heat of summer.
Thousands of fish — mostly tilapia, with some shad and striped bass — are belly up in Tempe Town Lake.
Crews have been scooping out the dead fish since about mid-January, and the effort continues, officials said.
Lake-goers are buzzing on social media about what's killing the fish.
One post inaccurately theorized the dead fish were due to chemical contamination from rain runoff or illegal dumping. Others suggested the growth of toxic golden algae could be the cause. The latter is... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...