Why Arizona's weather has been so dry this winter
CLOSE Arizona has seen it all: record snow and rain, floods and drought, and the searing heat of summer.
It would be easy to dismiss Arizona's current dry spell as just an ordinary occurrence in the desert.
However, a recent tweet from the National Weather Service in Phoenix points out that these conditions are unusual.
From September (roughly the start of the current dry spell) through the end of January just 0.44 inch of rain was recorded in Phoenix. That's the second driest total for that period. Normal would be 2.11 inches.
During that same span Flagstaff has experienced its driest... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died