Why Arizona's weather has been so dry this winter
CLOSE Arizona has seen it all: record snow and rain, floods and drought, and the searing heat of summer.
It would be easy to dismiss Arizona's current dry spell as just an ordinary occurrence in the desert.
However, a recent tweet from the National Weather Service in Phoenix points out that these conditions are unusual.
From September (roughly the start of the current dry spell) through the end of January just 0.44 inch of rain was recorded in Phoenix. That's the second driest total for that period. Normal would be 2.11 inches.
During that same span Flagstaff has experienced its driest... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...