Why does a dealership charge more for the same car? Dealer group chair has an answer
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE There is a good time to buy a car so that you save the most money, according to car experts. Sean Dowling (@seandowlingtv) has more.
If you’ve wondered why the prices for similar cars at different dealerships are sometimes far apart, the head of a national trade group for auto dealers can offer one explanation.
And he says the practice is a bad idea.
During a talk in Detroit this week, Mark Scarpelli, chairman of the National Automobile Dealers Association, blasted so-called stair-step incentive programs (where dealers get cash from automakers for meeting... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston