Why does a dealership charge more for the same car? Dealer group chair has an answer
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE There is a good time to buy a car so that you save the most money, according to car experts. Sean Dowling (@seandowlingtv) has more.
If you’ve wondered why the prices for similar cars at different dealerships are sometimes far apart, the head of a national trade group for auto dealers can offer one explanation.
And he says the practice is a bad idea.
During a talk in Detroit this week, Mark Scarpelli, chairman of the National Automobile Dealers Association, blasted so-called stair-step incentive programs (where dealers get cash from automakers for meeting... read more
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend