Why does a dealership charge more for the same car? Dealer group chair has an answer
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE There is a good time to buy a car so that you save the most money, according to car experts. Sean Dowling (@seandowlingtv) has more.
If you’ve wondered why the prices for similar cars at different dealerships are sometimes far apart, the head of a national trade group for auto dealers can offer one explanation.
And he says the practice is a bad idea.
During a talk in Detroit this week, Mark Scarpelli, chairman of the National Automobile Dealers Association, blasted so-called stair-step incentive programs (where dealers get cash from automakers for meeting... read more
- 08:39 Last Minute Gift Ideas for the Jetsetter
- 08:12 Luxury homes: $1.5M Phoenix mansion has hand-scraped hardwood floors
- 08:09 South Carolina serial killer did time for Arizona rape
- 08:09 Advocates use petitions to force Phoenix council votes on passion...
- 08:09 Lead not common in Arizona schools' drinking water, report finds
- 08:09 Arizona law and surrogacy: What you need to know
- 06:45 Baby milk maker orders global recall over salmonella fears
- 06:43 Residents return to rubble as fire crews make progress on San Diego...
- 05:33 Diphtheria deaths in Indonesia spark immunization campaign
- 04:04 Start the clock for Trump, GOP in last push on taxes, budget