Why hundreds are protesting at Obama's summit
Hundreds of protesters gathered outside the US-ASEAN summit on Monday.
PALM SPRINGS, Calif. — Hundreds of people gathered outside Sunnylands in Rancho Mirage Monday, braving the oppressive desert heat to protest the summit between President Obama and members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
The largest groups opposed the heavy-headed Vietnamese and Laotian governments, both of which are single-party communist nations, and Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen, a dictator who has been linked to genocide.
A smaller but vocal faction of protesters spoke out against Thai junta leader... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance