Why OPEC deal may not increase oil prices
Gleaning insight into the direction of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries is a favored parlor game of the oil markets, as evidenced by three separate incidents recently in which oil prices spiked on hopes of a production cut.
But faith in OPEC’s ability to prop up oil prices may prove fleeting, as the global energy markets weigh the possibility of an OPEC production deal against the onset of new output by Iran and cash-poor U.S. producers that can’t afford to stop pumping.
After reports surfaced Tuesday that Russia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Venezuela are poised to freeze... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia