Wild 6, Islanders 0
UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- For parts of five seasons, Matt Moulson filled the net for the New York Islanders and became a popular face amongst the Islanders faithful.
So naturally, besieged Islanders General Manager Garth Snow traded the net crasher to Buffalo for Thomas Vanek, a fellow pending free agent who had no intention of re-signing with the Islanders.
Tuesday night, Moulson returned to Long Island for the first time since that October trade.
The Islanders paid tribute to him on the video board. Islanders fans cheered. He then proceeded to stick it to his old team by scoring twice in the... read more
- 21:03 Running world embraces Desiree Linden after Boston Marathon victory
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...