Winning proves elusive for budding NASCAR star Kyle Larson
Yes, Kyle Larson is winless in an emerging NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career, an 0 for 78 skid entering Sunday’s Good Sam 500 at Phoenix International Raceway.
And, yes, Larson dropped to No. 21 in the driver standings following last week’s 34th-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the first of three West Coast stops that includes the finale in two weeks in Fontana, Calif.
But many of the sport’s stalwarts are convinced Larson is a star waiting in the wings, an enormously talented wheelman awaiting a coronation.
MORE: Motorsports coverage
“The kid is unreal,” Jeff Gordon said three years... read more
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...
- 15:52 Jets emerging as 'serious' contender to sign Ndamukong Suh, per report
- 15:41 Rochester Amerks 'humble' legend Dick Gamble dies
- 15:21 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the defensive backs
- 14:55 NFL players: Study to detect CTE markers in the living needs you