Winslow boys basketball wins over Chinle to return to 3A state final
The No. 2 Winslow Bulldogs boys basketball team defeated the No. 6 Chinle Wildcats, 68-57, in the 3A state finals on Friday at Gila River Arena.
The Bulldogs will return to the state championship game for the second year in a row. Last season, Fountain Hills took the title, 55-48, over Winslow.
To get back there, the Bulldogs first had to outlast the Wildcats, who jumped out early. Chinle led by nine points at the end of the first quarter before Winslow began to mount a comeback.
The Bulldogs outscored the Wildcats 20-10 in the second quarter to take a 36-33 lead at halftime.
Chinle junior... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...