With 175 Americans dying a day, what are the solutions to the opioid epidemic?
CLOSE Dr. Drew Pinsky, an addiction specialist, discusses the opioid epidemic facing the nation and what needs to be done to help turn the tide against this rising threat.
More than 175 Americans will die today of drug overdoses.
It is like a 737 crashing and killing all the passengers on board.
If that happened a few days in a row, “we’d shut the skies down until we figured out the problem,” said former Mississippi Attorney General Mike Moore.
But it’s not a plane crash. It is America’s opioid epidemic, one that unchecked could claim 1 million lives by 2020.
“This really is a national... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House