With 175 Americans dying a day, what are the solutions to the opioid epidemic?
CLOSE Dr. Drew Pinsky, an addiction specialist, discusses the opioid epidemic facing the nation and what needs to be done to help turn the tide against this rising threat.
More than 175 Americans will die today of drug overdoses.
It is like a 737 crashing and killing all the passengers on board.
If that happened a few days in a row, “we’d shut the skies down until we figured out the problem,” said former Mississippi Attorney General Mike Moore.
But it’s not a plane crash. It is America’s opioid epidemic, one that unchecked could claim 1 million lives by 2020.
“This really is a national... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died