With Clooney assist, US aid groups team up on Africa crisis
SEATTLE (AP) — Eight of the world's biggest aid groups are joining together in a new campaign to get more attention in the U.S. for what the United Nations calls the world's largest humanitarian crisis in more than 70 years.
More than 20 million people are at risk of famine in nine African nations and Yemen, according to the United Nations. But Richard Stearns, president of Federal Way, Washington-based World Vision, says the situation has been overshadowed amid the controversies surrounding President Donald Trump's administration.
"We have seen that America is very distracted, and I... read more
- 00:43 Mnuchin expresses optimism trade standoffs can be resolved
- 00:22 Birthday boy Zack Godley picks Diamondbacks up to lead win over Padres
- 00:08 Trash talk rules the day ahead of Larry Fitzgerald Celebrity...
- 22:00 'Family' and sense of 'brotherhood' has Diamondbacks picking up...
- 21:38 Moore: What happens when Larry Fitzgerald takes on a bozo sports...
- 20:07 Intriguing Arizona high school spring football story lines
- 18:07 The senators Trump will watch as the Pompeo confirmation fight unfolds
- 18:06 RHP Matt Koch earns another start in Diamondbacks rotation
- 17:27 Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim and coach Steve Wilks forming a...
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US